Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lyme Disease

This is a good one. I might have mentioned in my previous post that I am sick of everyone in my family being sick. Well, for about 6 weeks I have thought that I have arthritis. My hands hurt all the time. Well, after I was sick on our vacation I went to the doctor. They tested me for the flu and when that was negative, they tested me for Lyme. Well based on the title of this post you may have already guessed that the test was positive. So great, a whole month of antibiotics. I am officially done nursing our youngest at almost 16 months because I have to take an antibiotic that is unsafe to nurse while taking. I am allergic to penicillin which is the first choice for Lyme if I were nursing. There are no other choices really. So, he is finished much to his displeasure. But, I have to keep him safe and take care of myself as I am no good to him with Lyme Disease in its later stages. But, I just thought, huh! How funny!

No comments: