Monday, May 18, 2009

Half Marathon

My half marathon was this past weekend and it was amazing! I had an absolute blast! I have to give a shout out to Ali and David. Ali, my sister made it possible for my husband to accompany me to the race. Thanks for coming over at 4:30 a.m.! David is my brother in law. He picked up my race packet for me. I didn't have to make the hour long trip twice in one weekend. Thanks! Back to the race, it was amazing. Did I already say that? I am addicted to the half marathon. I realize I have only run one, but it was so fun. The race itself was certainly challenging, specially since I did not train as much as I should have, but, I did not walk and I almost reached my original goal which was 2:10. I ran 2:15.51! I was psyched. Eventually I hope to run the half faster than this, but it is a good start for me! I loved the atmosphere and just running. People have asked how I can do it. I just love to run. I think you either do or you don't. If you love to run, then it is not hard. If you don't well, you don't. I am already overwhelmed of my next goal which is running a marathon. I am registered for October 2009! 16-20 weeks of training await. Early morning and evening runs are a must this time around. There is none of this wait until hubby gets home and then go for a run, maybe! I have to get my butt in gear and go. However, I am taking this week off. I might run Friday if I can't make it until Sunday. My body needs it though. After running yesterday, my knees need the rest!

No comments: