Monday, April 12, 2010

MeMe Monday: Crab Farts

First of all, let me just say this is post number 98. PINT will be 99, so come back and see what's is in store for post 100. I have no plans yet, but I am on a mission!

Crab Farts:(brought to you by the late Captain Phil Harris of the fishing vessel Cornelia Marie). It means exactly what it says. Captain Phil used the crab fart method to locate crab on last season's Deadliest Catch. He took to the deck and sniffed in various locations until he smelled them. And, he found them!

I started using crab farts when Captain Phil passed away in late February. It is a substitute for pretty much any one word cus. I get on my kids all the time for saying stupid, crap, etc. When they were little we used to say "Oh pickles". Now that they are getting older, they don't use the term anymore. I think they feel "stupid". So, I am introducing them to crab farts! Nice huh? But at least they will not be walking around saying crap and the like! Or at least that is the hope! So, when something doesn't go my way, you will hear me say crab farts!

1 comment:

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

As long as the kids don't go around calling wach other crab farts... I like it, has a nice ring to it and seems a little "naughty" just having the word fart in there! How's it working for you?