Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Celebrations

So, in the grand tradition of my over-extending myself, I have once again proved to accomplish just that. Yesterday began the Valentine Celebrations for my children. Our middle son, had his preschool Pancake and PJ Party. This is a tradition at his preschool. All of our other children have done this. Since I can't volunteer to come in, I always send in something they need. Since I am cheap and I already had pancake mix, I volunteered to provide the class with 10 thin pancakes. The kids had to eat breakfast yesterday anyway, so I figured it was only a few extra minutes. It proved easy enough and the baby enjoyed pancakes since he no longer wants to be fed by someone else (but that is another post). I had a late meeting yesterday so my husband, God love him offers to make Snickerdoodles because our oldest child requested I send them in for his class party. I volunteered to send in cookies. I have this great sugar cookie recipe my mom gave me. I loved these cookies as a child. Our whole family loves them and when I make them it brings me back! But, our oldest requested Snickerdoodles. And I love him. So at 6:30 I started making Snickerdoodles. I finished at 9:45. Luckily Survivor was on (DVR)! And now, today I will volunteer at my daughter's class party. It will be great! I am leaving in just a bit to go over there. I can't wait! And even though, I have once again over-extended myself, I feel like my kids appreciate it even though they have no idea how close I was and am each time to not pulling it off. Somehow I pull it off each time. I am sure one of these days it will not happen and my plans will have to be changed. I will have to run to the grocery store late at night to purchase something I was supposed to cook. But, until that day I will continue to over-extend myself for the love of my children.

No comments: