Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Madness

It has been a crazy few weeks. I assume you might have guessed that since I have not posted in a long time. First, everyone in the house ended up getting sick. I have sent over $120 at the doctor in co-pays in the last 3 weeks! I have spent close to $20 at the pharmacy on prescriptions and even more on over the counter medications. And, that is not even the worst part. The kids have been miserable. No one has slept well and we have been super busy on top of that! Two of our children had birthdays last week. We had 3 parties this weekend. One for each of the two children with birthdays and then a family celebration for both. We did them all on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I had planned a good portion of both parties before hand so it was not too difficult, but I was in the doctors office several times last week and had to work so it made Friday a little more hectic than I wanted. But, it all went off without a hitch, until last night when I crashed. I was dizzy and tired and fell asleep nursing the baby to bed. This of course did not give my husband and I any time to talk about anything or get anything ready for the week. So this week has begun in craziness, as usual. We will get through it and it will be fine. I will try to organize again next weekend and the cycle will continue. The kids had a great time at their parties. We decorated our own cupcakes. At one party we made shrinky-dink necklaces and the other had football training camp in the light rain that fell in the afternoon. It was a wet mess, but those kids had fun out there. It added to the atmosphere of the training camp. And I only had one extra load of laundry (towels) because of it. I am hoping that today's well check up for those birthday children ends my doctor visits for a while (like the rest of the month). And that the weather will break and with it will leave those nasty germs that have been making us sick. I hear a stomach virus is going around my kids school. I hope we are spared!

No comments: