Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Season of Giving

I stole this from my sister's blog! She blogged about giving today. She points out that children's hospitals are often overlooked at this time of year. However, whatever your cause it is a wonderful thing to remember those less fortunate or those who have reached out in some way to help you when needed. I typically donate to St. Jude at this time of year. I know too many people whose children have or have died of cancer. I have also given to poison control at this time of year as well. I have had to call them several times and am thankful for the free call. However, each call costs them $50. They have provided excellent answers and even contacted the local ER to alert them we were bringing our child in. I am thankful for them! I also like to remember those service providers in my life that deal with those who I love the most. This list includes teachers, Dr., and our Vet. I like to provide a tray of baked goods for these people. They work so hard all year and while they are paid for their job, I can't count how often these people have gone above and beyond the call of duty for my family. So, however it is you donate to this holiday season, enjoy what you do and spread good cheer to those you care about. I know I will

No comments: