Friday, December 19, 2008

It's a crazy life...

This week is a blur to me. It started Monday with a long meeting. It lasted until 4:45 or at least that is when I left because my oldest son had Cub Scouts. Then I came home, made dinner, gave baths, and put the baby to bed. I can't remember what I did that evening. I think I baked cookies. Yes, that is right. I baked cookies for the preschool Happy Birthday Jesus party. Tuesday, I worked all day and then dragged the baby to Target to pick up photos. This was my third attempt to pick them up. Thankfully, I was able to pick them up and I received 3 free sheets for my troubles! I proceeded to take the baby to Justice (Just for Girls). He loved that. Then I drove clear across town to purchase a charm for my Brighton bracelet. I was dying to get this Santa charm and with so few days left before Christmas, I wanted to get it so I could get the most use out of it! Of course, by that point I needed gas and the baby was screaming! But we made it home by 5:45, just in time to cook dinner! Wednesday brought more of the same, with a visit to the Bull Run Festival of Lights. Then, while putting the baby to sleep, I fell asleep. I was awakened at 10:00 p.m. by my husband asking if I was getting up. I had to make more cookies, this time for the preschool Christmas show and the kindergarten class party. I called my mom and asked her to pick some up for me. I did make pretzels with a melted Hershey Kiss and M&M on top. They don't take too much time in the microwave. My husband tried for several hours to print out the Christmas letter. This continued into Thursday evening when he returned to the computer after he came home with our oldest. They were at Cub Scouts for the second time this week. After another hour last night, we decided to print the letter on regular paper with clip art. It is cheaper to print this way. Or at least I think. I had to pick up printer ink which cost $61.00. Not cheap! We were out of Magenta. So, tonight I was supposed to go to Bunko. I told the hostess I was going, just last night. I called a few minutes ago to cancel. Apparently, I am not the only one. It is the holidays and everyone is busy. I hate to say it, but I am choosing our time honored tradition of a pajama ride over a girls night out for Bunko. I also really need to start wrapping, get that Christmas letter out, and clean the house. It is really gross. One of my friends just dropped by to deliver my Pampered Chef order and I was embarrassed to let her in. It is so messy and dirty. I feel like there is just no hope for it! Only time will tell. It has been raining for days here and he dog brings in half the mud in the backyard every time he comes back in the house. So, that in a nut shell was my week. As I look at this, I realize that i must be exhausted because I can not type. If this doesn't make sense that is why. Although, according to my husband, it is because I have poor grammar. Just kidding dear!

No comments: