Monday, June 14, 2010

It's a Crazy Life!

This week has barely begun, but is proving to be just as crazy as every other week.  I am finding myself questioning my decisions to get my kids involved in all they do and whether I need to get involved in all they do.  I admire those moms that can stand on the sideline and be happy with the little accomplishments, like making it out onto the soccer field or just diving into the pool.  I am not one of those moms.  I am the one on the sideline screaming faster, harder, get in there.  I am the "crazy" mom.  I should just line the magnets up on the back of my car... soccer mom, swim taxi, I break for basketball.  You name it I should have it.  whatever sport my kids get into we dive right in.  And, it seems to make our lives more crazy rather than enhance it.  This week, they are at track camp.  We do it every year.  While there is a youth track club in our area, we opt to do other sports while it is offered and take advantage of the track camp when it is offered.  It is offered at a really inconvenient time though.  And my kids are missing swim practice all week to go to it.  Oh well, what can you do.  What makes things more crazy is that is it a 20 minute drive down there and it starts at 6:30 p.m  which means we have too eat dinner at 5:00 and I have to race to put it on the table after work.  One more week is what I tell myself.  But, will I make it through.  I need to run to the grocery store this evening to get chips for Indy's class picnic tomorrow.  I will race from work to school to take pictures and then race back to work to get in a full day.  It will be crazy!  But that is how life is.  One big crazy whirlwind.  Would I have it any other way?  Hmm...

No comments: