Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Starting My New Business

I am so excited to be starting my own business, Firefly Studio! I absolutely love photography. I especially love photographing children. When there is that look of wonder on their faces, it is just amazing! I am still very much an amateur but am eager to take a few classes and improve my skills. I really hope to launch my business this summer (although my knee surgery might put it on hold until fall). However, I am starting my portfolio now. I have added a link to my professional blog on the side bar so you can check out my online portfolio often. I have my first portfolio sitting on Friday. It will take place in a civil war battlefield. I will photograph two beautiful children, my niece and nephew. Thanks, Ali, for trusting your spring portraits to me! I have purchased a few props for the sitting and hope that the pictures will be amazing! I am also photographing my own children in the same location the hour beforehand! I have had my camera attached to my hip for a few weeks now preparing for this first sitting. I can't believe it is almost here. Check in on Friday evening at Firefly Studio to see the fruits of my labor. Can't wait to get it up and running.

No comments: