Monday, May 24, 2010

Date Night

I need to start this post by thanking my sister and her husband for watching my kids this weekend so my husband and I could enjoy a night out! We went to a concert and it was absolutely amazing! It was his 40th birthday gift! We don't usually get each other gifts, but this was his favorite country star so we splurged. Lots of friends from our community were there and we drove up to the pavilion with some friends from Mutt's soccer team! We had a blast, drank a few too many beers, danced a little and had an all around good time! The concert was amazing! Our seats were great. Our friends however had VIP box seats and they snuck us in about 1/2 way through as they were the only people in their box! My husband and I danced and sang the night away! It was so nice to be there and have no worries. It was like old times. I used to be really fun! I have always been type A! It shined through while at the concert. We had Etickets which I printed on our ink jet printer. Of course it was raining so I covered them in a plastic sleeve. It was a brilliant idea. They stayed dry the whole night and the "gatekeeper" thought it was funny every time I walked my drunk butt to the bathroom and returned with the tickets! I admitted I was type A. Other than that, I was fun and had a blast! My husband and I got to reconnect. We have a good relationship, except when my anxiety takes over and I freak out over something. But, this definitely gave us even more to hold onto! My husband even said our friends probably think we were crazy. We get out for a night without the kids and totally let loose. I think it is great! It just shows we still know how to have a good time!

No comments: