Monday, August 9, 2010

Go With Your Gut!

You have to just go with your gut.  Why can't I remember this?  I am pretty good most of the time.  I think before I act, I do my research, but sometimes I get thrown off.  I was reminded I have to always stay on my toes and go with what I know.  A friend of mine is a physical therapist and so is her husband.  Even though I don't see her very often she is one of my best friends.  I think she is a great therapist and is very good at what she does.  I think her husband is too.  It kind of goes hand in hand I feel.  If I am good at what I do, I am not going to marry a bum.  Especially if the bum is in the same profession.  She is also really good about doing her research.  Her son was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 21 months of age and then did a great deal of research about treatment options.  So, when I need a 2nd and then 3rd for an orthopaedic surgeon I asked her husband.  He does sports injury rehab therapy.  I did my research and decided on the surgeon my friend's DH recommended.  So, why when my OS was asking where I wanted to go to therapy didn't I offer up my friend's DH?  Who the heck knows?  I guess I thought it might be weird and he would think I was wimpy, but really who cares.  I just need a good therapist.  Unfortunately, I went to the PT that is in with the OS and that was a huge mistake.  So, now I will go to my friend's DH next week.  My friend reminded me several times to go with my gut!  She is right!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Well at least your on the right track now!

cfoxes33 said...

Going with your gut/first instinct is something that I keep telling my husband and family. If you go with it, you will stay true to yourself.