Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's a Snow Day!

I absolutely love the snow! I was so happy to wake up to over 5 inches of the white stuff! It is a snow day here, no school for the kids, which means no school for me! Love that! And so in a few short minutes I will take my kids outside to play in the snow and enjoy our snow day! I love the feeling of a snow day too! It always seems that things move more slowly as if time passes more slowly. Many of my friends can't wait for the kids to go back to school. Not me! I savor these days. They are my absolute favorite days off of school during the year. My kids school system has built in far more days than the one in which I work. I will now have to work later this month while my kids are off enjoying an easy and relaxing day at home. My mom on the other hand will have a more difficult time as she will now have to work instead of enjoying her day off too. Well, off I go to get the kids and myself ready for some snow fun! I have the squirt bottles full and am ready to paint the town or at least the backyard! It is a new snow day activity for us so I think the kids will spend a little more time than usual! Can't wait to play!

1 comment:

Ali said...

You know what they say "anything can happen on a snow day"!
I love that idea, do you just fill a squirt bottle with food coloring or what?